Tuesday 17 October 2017

Buying a New Mobile

It is never easy to convince your parents to buy you a new phone. It is even more difficult to sell an old one and get a decent money for it. I have seen my friends having trouble with all this selling and buying business. So when I wanted to buy a new phone, I decided to take a different way. One that was hassle free and gaurenteed a better price for my old device.

It was during my board exams. If I had waiter for three more months, my dad would have definitely got me a new phone. But three months was a long time to wait and I didn't have enough patience for it. So when there was some festival sale on a e-commerce website, I decided to try something different. 

There was a spare mobile at home which no one used and hence by default, it came under my possession. I loved it because I had no other choice than loving it. It was an old model and supported most of the features but it wasn't enough for me. My friends had shiny new models and I longed to get one of those too. But I knew I wouldn't get a new one till I completed my 12th. So seeing an opportunity present itself, I jumped to grab it. 

If there is anyone in the house who I can convince my point to, it is my grandpa. I knew dad and Mom wouldn't agree. So without saying a word to them, I approached my grandpa. He had an old basic set which he used only to pick calls. The spare one I had was an Android phone, even though it was an older one. I showed him our family group where my cousin had sent his daughter's photos. He was happy to see them and asked how he could see them in his mobile. That was exactly the moment I was waiting for! I pulled a sad face and told him he can't. Told him his phone was an old one and doesn't support WhatsApp which is where the pictures were sent. I could see the disappointment in his eyes but I could also see that he was ready to let the topic slide. I couldn't let that happen. So I told I will show him more pictures and showed him all the ones in the group. I even showed him some games on the  mobile. By the end of it, he was very impressed. 

After a small chat, I got up, went a few steps ahead and then turned back. Very casually I asked him if he would like the mobile I had! He was surprised that I was even offering it to him. Being my grandpa, he knew me well enough to ask "What are you planning?" Pulling my very best innocent face, I told him there was a sale due to Diwali festival and mobile prices were dropped. So if he could buy me a phone, he can have the one I want. I could see the wheels turn inside his mind. He obviously knew it was all a part of the game I was playing for he was a smart person. But what was important was whether he was ready to be a part of it or would he just dismiss it.

After a lot of thinking, he agreed to give me enough cash to buy a new phone. Thus, I ended up selling my old mobile for a price which was higher than its original price and got a new one in its place. I was happy and so was my grandpa. It was a win-win situation for both of us!

PS: Linking this post to #CleanUpCashout by https://www.cashify.in/. Use coupon CLEANCASH to get an additional 250/- on selling your gadgets.



Love,
Sudhi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment