Saturday 14 March 2015

The Best Birthday Ever

       I hate my birthday. Well it is not really birthdays that I hate. In fact, I love them. I just hate that I was born in April, during summer holidays. As a result, I never got to celebrate my special day in school with my friends. The only celebrations so far were the ones at home. That too nothing grand because it was just me, my parents and my sister. Though I loved them, I wished I could have a real party like they show on TV. I craved for such wonderful treat. 

       But last year, I was all more angry. Because, it seemed like the only people with whom I celebrated my birthday, my family, had forgot it as well. My sister went to sleep early, blissfully unaware of the fact that I was waiting for her to wish me at 12. There was still a hope that she was faking it and would surprise me by getting up at midnight but nothing of that sort happened. I convinced myself saying she might be tired and she would wish me the first thing in the morning but when no one remembered about my birthday in the morning too, I was hurt. Hurt didn't even describe how I was feeling. I had never missed wishing her at midnight, always making sure I was the first one to wish her but when it was her turn, how could she forget? I never expected it from my sister at least!

       Most of the morning was spent listening to songs in my room. I refused to go out and face the truth that they have forgot my birthday. Then in the noon, my sister's friend came. They were planning to go for Amul ice cream parlor to celebrate their end of exams! Talk about celebration. My sister was all but ready to leave without me when her friend asked if I want to join in. "Why not?" I said. It was better than sitting alone. At least, I could celebrate it with myself, if everyone had chose to forget. With such thoughts in my mind, I tagged along with them. But when I reached there, I was in for the biggest surprise of my life!

       Not only had my sister arranged a party for me in a hotel, she had called all my friends too. I found out later that none of them wished me because it was the special instruction given to them by my sister. She wanted to make sure I would be really surprised when they brought me here. Trust me, I really was. I was at loss of words. I had always dreamt of this kind of party and my sister had made that dream come true. Of course, she had made me sad in the morning, but it was all worth it. I could easily forget that. "Sorry" she said while hugging and wishing me. The party lasted for two hours while we partied hard and ate delicious food. Needless to say, it was the best birthday party I ever had, together with my sister and friends. There is always fun when you are together with your loved ones and that day the truth of those words rang loud and clear.



PS: This post is written for https://housing.com/.

Until the next post,
Sudhi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment